Tools and Supplies:
Pencil for drawing
Plastic Ruler (Quilting Ruler)
Magazine Pictures (full body poses)
GC301 The Female Body (Vocabulary & Proportions)
- Fine Art Proportions
- Medical Body Proportions
- What we see as to what we are
- Fashion Proportions
- Seeing body shapes in the Magazine Pictures
GC302 The Female Body 9 Heads Proportions
- Drawing the body shapes
- Drawing the fashion body shape
- Including bones and muscles
- Learning how to turn the silhouette of the body into a back view
GC303 Moving the Body and Posing the Figure
- Learning how to move the arms up and down from the body.
- Bending the elbow to create natural looking poses.
- Bending the bodice to create dynamic poses while not distorting the garment.
- Keeping the proportions in tack while moving things.
- Making sure the feet and legs move naturally.
- Placing the knees in the right directions.
- Keeping the imaginary “Gravity Line” between the feet.
- Positioning feet to keep the figure from falling.
GC304 Faces & Heads
- The proportion of the head – ears, nose eyes, mouth…
- Moving the head in different angles.
- Giving LIFE t the eyes.
- The mouth – adding breath to the lips.
- Hair – suggestions of a style (we are not the doing the hair).
- Light make-up to give your figure attitude and personality.
- Accessories – just enough to add to the figure bit not dominate it.
GC305 Hands & Feet
- The Hand – all 5 fingers.
- Placing the hands and not breaking them.
- Moving fingers and still looking like a hand.
- Rotating the feet to support the figure.
- Adding shoes (flats and heals of all heights).
- Accessories to add personality and character that do not overpower the figure.
- Building a library of shoes and hands to use for yourself.