Art School Portfolio Workshops Series
Have you ever wondered what a fashion college is looking for in your portfolio presentation? Let Tx Institute guide you throw this with their 3 part workshop where you are exposed to the details and techniques to help increase your acceptance into the school of your choice.
- The Fashion Figure- Weather it’s Menswear or Womans wear, there is a figure with specific proportions that will be discussed and explored. Moving the figure to show off your creation is also demonstrated.
- Marker & Pencil Rendering- Adding color to your figure is done throw the use of markers. Different fabrics are rendered differently; weaves and textures are added with the use of color pencils. Shading is also introduced to create a 3D effect.
- Boards (Color, Fabric, & Inspiration)-Boards are used in the Fashion industry to represent color stories, fabric trends, inspirations, and trims. From selecting the items to be used, to laying out and telling a story visually… The final workshop exposes students to different layout formats to help tell a visual story using their Fashion Figures & Boards.
GC401 Mood Board
- Theme – Season
- Colors (Named)– Ideas
- Fabrics (colors for each offered)
- Look for Pics – Images
- Think Life-Style
- Presentation Format?
- Ultimate Use (Need) for the board
GC402 Fabric Board
- Theme – Season
- Colors – Ideas
- All the Fabrics you are using
- Each fabric – Colors offered
- Fiber Content for ALL FABRICS! Also Made In info
- Name your fabrics – also Name your Colors
- Images to make you want to wear the fabrics/collection
- What it feels like to wear the collection…
- Ideas – Target Market
- Life Style
- Merchandise your line
- Use figures to show… Colors/Fit/
- ProportionsThe Layout, How and Why?
GC404 Flats (Line Sheet)
- Keep with your Theme – Target Market
- Why they are VERY Important
- What they should look like & How to fix!
- Scale – Proportion… Truly flat or with movement?
- Arranging them… Category/Fabrication/Outfits